A word about singing, dear reader:
1. Singing is hard.
2. It takes about seven lungs to do it.
3. Singing is like being on a highwire, only you don't plummet to your death if you lose your balance. You just sound like you did.
4. My sister, who is a singer, told me you have to train your vocal muscles to remember how to sing each new song, and for some reason I find that to be a fascinating thought.
6. The human voice is my favorite musical instrument.
7. One of my favorite things to sing is hymns, because the language and moving parts of hymns are so rich, pure, and dimensional--it's like giving my brain new school supplies, a piña colada, and a tiny talking turtle.
8. I'm not a singer, so this post puts me out of my box. Way out. But I am the type who thinks everyone should sing. I'm not the type who things everyone should sing and post it on their blog, per se, but everyone should definitely sing.
9. Along those lines, if you want to join a choir, I know of a good one.